If you are feeling suicidal; notice frequent thoughts of ending your life; can't find a reason to get out of bed, let alone tend to anything else; you deserve the chance to see that there's another way. If you are concerned about someone close to you, the following resources are for you as well.
1) WHO TO CALL:
- AMERICA: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline) or text TALK to 741741;
- CANADA: 833-456-4566 (Canada Suicide Prevention Service) or send a text 741741 | Ontario: 905-430-2522
- BY CONTINENT: https://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/
2) WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
- Things that can alleviate the depth of pain (scroll to "Combating the Culture") https://lifeteen.com/blog/lets-talk-suicide/
- When the consideration of suicide is no longer: https://lifeteen.com/.../saved-life-letter-youth-minister/
- When our loved ones are suffering http://www.catholicdigest.com/.../a-catholic-response-to.../. You can also check out https://lifeteen.com/blog/lets-talk-suicide/.
I find it amazing that you've chosen to read this post as I see it as a sign that hope hasn't run dry for you. It seems that, deep down, you desire a life-affirming, hope-giving solution and I hope that one of the resources provided will give you this.
Whether it hurts you directly, or someone that is close to your heart, please get support… it might be hard to believe for some of us, but there are people who WANT to help and can help. Don't stop seeking... In a society that seems to discourage vulnerability, it takes courage to admit that we are not managing well. Don't let anything, including stigma, get in the way of the life that you were made for!
Do this for you.
Praying for you,